Sunday, July 8, 2012

32 weeks already??

Here is a pregnancy update! I am currently 32 weeks along and cant believe it. This has just flown by so fast.

Here are some fun prego stats:

1. I started off the first trimester demolishing over six jars of pickles.....seriously couldn't get enough!

2. Second trimester I turned to cereal and cookies. If I could have every meal eating chocolate chip cookies I would be totally satisfied. haha

3. My favorite smell I turn to in time of need is Zest soap. Hands down the best smell in the world.

4. I have gained the appropriate amount of weight, still depressing though so I will not be posting the amount.

5. I think Angelina Jolie is full of it. Her words: "Girls take away beauty, while boys give it." Is a load of crap.  haha I look the exact same as I did with Claire.  I don't have a huge belly, I seem to carry far back, with the boys feet jammed inside my right ribs. But I do feel I have gained weight in places I never gained before. My back and arms....gross and weird!
- I also developed "pregnancy mask" otherwise known as Melasma. I noticed it after taking walks in the morning in the hot sun. Apparently it gets darker the more sunlight it gets. So I have been loading up the sun block and wearing hats for more shade.  I think I had it with Claire but, being back east didn't get as much sun so I really didn't think much of it then.

6. I have only swelled up so slightly that only I can notice. My ankles were really bony to begin with .

7. Baby Boy moves a lot and loves to kick me on my right side and stretch all the way out.  He had the hiccups for the first time the other day  and I put Claire's hand on my belly. She thought that was pretty cool.

8. I ask Claire every if she is excited for Baby brother to come and she always says, " Yeeess." (When her favorite word is NO, that's a big deal) When asked where Mamma's Baby is she points and says, "In Mamma's belly!"  "He goin to come pway wiff me!"

9. I have had acid reflux once so far, a couple of weeks ago on our Lake Powell trip with some friends. ( I will do another post on this soon)  I felt terrible and really hope that I don't get it again!

10. We are currently working on Baby Boys room. I am enjoying picking out the paint, bedding, and decor.  I think I Will finally feel ready for him to come when its all finished.  The theme I picked is "Things that go." I like the old rustic trucks, and trains, etc.  I found a mobile on eBay that I love and cant wait for it to come in. It has air balloons!!!!

 _prego pics to post soon!_

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! So fun to hear about your new baby and all the things you are experiencing. I wanted cookies with Jake--then I got gestational diabetes and couldn't have them. I was really angry at first, but eventually got over it. Now I still love store-bought dry cookies. Too weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome, you will be glad to have this oneday when your kids ask to hear stories! My boys LOVE it when I tell them about when they were little. Hunter dies laughing when I tell him that he projectile vomited all over Julie when he was 1 month old! And Weston loves it when I tell him about how he would nuzzle his way into my neck even as a newborn and through out his infancy.

    Yes, be so glad you don't have reflux on a re-occuring basis. It sucks incredibly. I will get better drugs the next time. It was horrendous to say the least. :)

    love you!

    ReplyDelete