Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Having a Baby Boy!!!

So back tracking a little... We found out in January that we were expecting baby #2 and were so thrilled! We almost couldn't believe it. I think it seriously took me 3-4 weeks before it really sank in. We had been trying since August and we decided to wait to share the news until our first doctors visit and when I was 12 weeks along.  We had a miscarriage back in July that shook our world a little; which is another reason why it probably took me a little more time to really get in the mind set. But, we couldn't be happier to expand and strengthen our little family with a new little one.

We told the good news to our parents on Valentines Day. We made them a cute V-day Owl Card that said, "Guess who's going to be a big sister!!??" And it had a picture of Claire with her shirt that said BIG SIS!

When we found out the sex of the baby Luke, Claire, and I were all expecting it to be a girl. (Only due to the fact that my pregnancies felt almost the exact same and that Luke was joyfully doomed to only having daughters:) So when the tech said it has a little weenie ......I kept looking at Luke for his reaction. He stayed pretty humble in the doctors office, so when he asked me what we were doing for dinner afterward I originally said, "oh lets just get a pizza and go home." And Luke said,"I have to admit I am pretty excited that its a Boy....were going out to celebrate!!!" haha
 I can just see them camping at Father's and Sons, playing sports, playing cops and robbers, running around like a crazy boy, but really I am so excited to have that special Mother and Son bond too.

Baby Boy Taylor......
We have prayed for you, longed for you, and feel really blessed to have you in our lives. Thank you for picking us to be your parents. Your big Sister is so excited for you to come and play with her. She always says, "There's a baby in Mama's belly!" And even though she wants to call you "sister," she tells everyone she is having a Baby Brotter!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you guys! Having a boy is SO fun. We totally know how you feel with the miscarriage thing...I had one recently too. It's tough, but all that matters now is the little one on the way!

    Claire is so beautiful, by the way.

    ReplyDelete