Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Birth Story

Rex Carter Taylor
9-6-2012
8lbs 7.4oz, 20.5inch long
At 41 weeks, Luke and I prepared for the hospital. After cleaning the house, packing our bags, and last minute shopping, we took Claire over to Luke's parents house to spend the night. After eating my last meal of Chinese food,  we took a little nap and made sure Claire got comfortable and was asleep. At 11:45pm we headed to West Valley Hospital to be induced. We got right in and settled in the delivery room. The nurse started the induction using the gel and after laying in bed for an hour got up to walk around the hospital floor. Immediately the contractions started. Before heading to the hospital I was maybe dilated to a one and stayed at a one until around 9 in the morning. By then I was at a 3 and the contractions got more and more intense. Dr. Howard came in and broke my water....by far the most painful part of this delivery!  Ouch! my foot was by Dr. Howard and I told him I was going to kick him and I almost sent him flying off the bed! Luke was so sweet and held my hand.  With the Pitossin and breaking my water, the contractions were really strong. So I decided it was time for the epidural. My anesthesiologist was a nice guy with a Jamaican accent. My epi was perfect! As soon as I couldn't feel the contractions anymore I thought I would be able to get a nap in....but within 1.5hr I started feeling the need to push! I kept ignoring it because I thought no way was I at a 10 already. After a half hour I told the nurse and she checked me....sure enough I was at a 10! I did 2 pushes for the nurse for her to see where the baby was at and she told me to not push anymore....the doctor needed to be here! I said good, I need to freshen up before he comes. I added my warrior paint by powdering my nose and adding a little mascara. I was ready to go.  Thank goodness Dr. Howard's office is not even a mile away. People started coming in and out preparing for the arrival. Me, still thinking it was going to be another hour before Rexs' arrival.....Oh no I had ONE contraction with Dr. Howard and out came Rex!!! He came out posterior, Face UP, just like Claire did! I guess that's just how I have them.
I was soooo excited to see my BOY! I almost lost it crying but was able to pull myself together. They layed him on my chest and I will never forget meeting my little man for the first time. Love at first sight...
Luke isn't very good at remembering to take pictures, so I kept telling him to get a pic of this or that, then with my legs still in the air and Rex still attached I grabbed the camera from Luke, so I could take the picture of him cutting the cord. haha Although all you can see are the hands.
I did tore in one spot, Dr. Howard said when they come out face up there is nothing pushing against them so they almost come shooting out, otherwise I may not have torn at all.
Literally within 5 minutes of Rex arriving Luke said his family was at the hospital waiting room! Even though my legs were still numb and I looked Like I had been through a tornado.... It was wonderful having family there right away. How excited everyone was to see Rex!!
I had a wonderful hospital stay, great nurses, and I loved my doctor!!! 
Dear Rex,
I wanted so desperately to start singing..."I know you, I've walked with you once upon a dream. I know you, your eyes are so familiar a gleam!!" I know you were sent to us for a reason. You are a Son of our Heavenly King and we are so lucky to have been given a chance to be your parents. We are so in love with you already. You have a great big sister that is so eager to teach you how to crawl, walk, and laugh. And a Dad that cant wait to teach you how to throw a ball. Oh the fun we will have.
Thank you for being in our lives and in our hearts, our little Prince Rex.
Love,
Daddy, Momma, and Claire Bear



























                                        
.

2 comments:

  1. Why do I cry for every birth story?! I just cant even contain my emotions! He is so perfect. I cant wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcom Rex! Love the picture where Grandma got him to smile. . . and the grumpy face pic. So glad all went well! And, I can't believe you stopped to put on make-up. Crazy woman!!!

    ReplyDelete