Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Tinkerbell has turned ONE!!!

Happy Birthday My Darling Little One!
I was probably way more excited about your first birthday party than anyone. I have thrown many parties for people. But I must say this was one of the hardest and most tiring. I wanted it to be perfect (as perfect for a one year old could be). It turned out wonderful! Thank you to all of the family and friends who traveled far to be at Claire's party. You all truly made it special. We know how far of a drive it is for my east-siders.
Thank you for making that effort to come.

(Who was there: Grandpa and Grandma, Uncle Matt, Marmie and Popie, Aunt Natalie, cousins rylee and jaxon, Aunt Cami and Uncle Mark-Cousins Michael, Gavin, kate, Aunt Stefani and Uncle Troy- Cousins Andee, Noah, Will, Hannah, Josh- friend Jenna, Papa and Ginny- daughter and grand daughter, Aunt Linda and Uncle Tom, Aunt Diane and Erblina, Aunt Sonja- 2nd cousins Jacob, KJ, and Isaac, Friends Valerie and Chris, Friends James, Tiana, Justin and Sariah) I hope I got everyone!

Well, the party started off with swimming, BBQ, then we opened presents, watched a video that Hannah and Will made, and literally dove into some cake!  I am going to try and put on the dvd that they made on here. It was so stinking cute. Will took all of the fuzzy pictures of claire and Hannah created the dvd, she also added in some other random pictures to help fill in the time. haha 
I have the best nieces and nephews and Claire has the best cousins!!!!

 I will let the pictures tell the story. 
Opening up gifts with all 15 kids around presented a challenge, as they all were very eager and very willing to help her out!
Claire swarmed by her oh so helpful cousins and friends!
This is she gazing at her gifts before we started opening them.
Hannah brought her friend Jenna to the party, she was so sweet to bring Claire a gift.
A princess purse with a dog that goes in it!
Claire got a little perplexed when we would open up a gift, show it to her, and then put it down to open another. She was like, "Hhheyyy, I was playing with that!"
Marmie and Popie gave Claire this cool Puppy, you plug it into the computer and enter in her name, favorite, animal, toys, colors, songs, etc. and it sings back and talks to her personally!
I tried to put Claire down to open a gift, but she took off after the already opened toys! SO, I had to hold her. By the end of the presents she started taking out the tissue...with a little help from others. lol
Peek-a-Boo with Will!
Luke and I bought her this radio flyer wagon, rider, and stroller in one! She was so cute with it. Sits on it perfectly as i push her around the house.
It has also helped her to balance while walking. She loves to push it all by herself.
Cake time!!! Silly mommy forgot the flash!
The happy birthday song!
After Claire (me) blew out the candles she got right in with her hands, stopped.....and questioned the really pretty oooey gooey stuff. She loves textures and squashing stuff between her fingers, so it didn't surprise me that it took her a second to take a bite.
She just stared at her hands so I finally put her hand to her mouth to have a lick.
Claire got one finger in there and decided it tasted too good to take it out!
Then with a smile of enjoyment.......
She went face first, swan dive!!!
Again and again!!! haha She was soooo funny!
 I should have taken more pictures of everyone who was there! Rrrrggg.
Below Is Auntie Cami, Auntie Nati, and Marmie!!
She couldn't let her mouth and fingers have all the fun, her toes needed to get in on the action too!!!!
 Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Matt
 I think its plain to see where/who Claire gets her Ears from???

 Some photo pics with Dad. Two peas in a pod if you ask me!

 No daddy! No kisses in public!!!!



4 comments:

  1. Those pictures are great! We're glad Claire had a Happy Birthday. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow, some of those pictures show just how much Claire looks like Luke's side of the family!! :) Too cute! I am glad that she had a great birthday and enjoyed her cake too.

    PS Those are YOUR ears too... and they are cute on BOTH of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so cute! Looks like you guys had a blast! Sorry we couldn't make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun party! Glad I was able to make it.!

    ReplyDelete